ZOPPI DEAF CAMP
St. John's Church Deaf Community
22 Mulberry Street
Newark, NJ 07102
Thank you for your interest in learning more and supporting the Zoppi Deaf Camp which will take place on the beautiful grounds of the YMCA Camp Linwood MacDonald in Sandyston, NJ.
The idea of a Deaf Camp for children came from three individuals whose hearts burn with concern for Deaf children, their education and their development as Deaf individuals in a society which still struggles to offer proper programs to aid Deaf children to develop their skills and talents and encourage a healthy self-esteem.
The Zoppi Deaf Camp will offer this year its first summer camp for children 12 to 17 years of age. This week-long program in which children will hear from Deaf adult professionals and learn from their experiences. There will be Art classes, workshops on Deaf Culture, Communication, ASL Film and of course everything else that a summer camp offers, swimming, rock climbing, archery, hiking and much more. Our goal for the future is to offer a full month of camp activities.
Our mission is to assist Deaf children to find in themselves their hidden gifts and talents and to use them to become the person they dream to be in the future. Through recreational, educational and leadership programs they will develop their interaction and independence skills to inspire them to succeed in life.
• Explore the identity development and to embrace their Deaf identity
• Deaf Adults professionals will serve as role models and give participants confidence for their future
• Increase confidence in participants to become good leaders
• Develop a high self-esteem and positive attitude
• Increase knowledge of Deaf Culture / ASL (American Sign Language)
• Understand cultural diversity and social interaction
• Literacy development
For more information contact:
Mayra Castro 267-331-4308
Rev. Bismarck Chau: 973-623-0822
Enter Donation Amount $